Thanks for a great tour!
The Tour D’Coop was Saturday, May 20, 2017. The date for the next tour will be announced later this year. Sign up for email list to get alerts about the next tour.
If you’re interested in being a host coop on the 2018 tour or volunteering to help organize next year’s tour, please fill out our interest form.
Highlights of the 2017 tour included:
• Chicken coops throughout Raleigh, including downtown, North Raleigh, West Raleigh, South Raleigh, Apex and Cary.
• A self-guided eco-friendly bike route through downtown Raleigh coop sites
• Food available at some sites, including El Taco Cartel.
• Several homes will also have bee hives as a part of our “Hive Hike”.
• A coop raffle, with tickets available at ticket sites on the day of the tour
• T-shirt sales at Coops #9 and #18 on the day of the tour. If there are leftover t-shirts, we will make them available for sale online and pick up at Urban Ministries’ office.
About the Tour d’Coop
This unique “Parade of Combs” features hens and coops tucked into the gardens of your friends and neighbors. All tour proceeds benefit Urban Ministries of Wake County.
The Tour D’Coop is a one-day garden tour in Raleigh, North Carolina, that seeks to educate visitors about keeping hens and delight them with garden ideas and inspiration. Open to adults and children, the tour showcases various hen houses and breeds. Coop owners are on hand at each location to discuss the how-tos of chicken keeping and there are opportunities for photographing and getting to know the chickens. The wide variety of coop styles as well as the surrounding back yard gardens make the tour interesting for the whole family.
Please leave pets and companion animals at home; many hens are not accustomed to dogs.
We encourage tour participants to bring a city map if they do not own a GPS system. The tour tickets only provide the coops’ addresses and basic directions.